Monday, February 21, 2011

Still Life



Still lifes to me are a play with light and shadow and seeing how they work together. When I did this assignment, having a good light was very important to me. In these 3 images, I used sunlight as my source and started to play with how the shadows became blocks of objects itself. As I brought these images to light room, I realized how powerful sunlight can be and the images I took were very white. I edit them and changed the white balance and for some reason, they all had a blu-ish tint that I really liked.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful images! Are these color or did you convert to B&W? If they are indeed color, I like that they are monochrome. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are color. When I took them, they were really white so I changed the white balance in all three and made them look more similar to each other.

    ReplyDelete